We say people who give money to the Urban Philharmonic Society are Donor-Investors because they help bring Classical and Jazz music to the neighborhoods of Washington DC. The donors are as important as musicians as important as the volunteers because without enough of each of these, there will be no music.
“Almost one-half (48%) of Americans with an interest in arts and cultural events expressed higher trust in companies that sponsor these events.”
-- Performance Research, Inc.
The Urban Philharmonic Society offers unique sponsorships to local businesses, not-for-profits, and other organizations. The notice of sponsorships will reach our loyal audiences through year-round performances, notes in the playbill, online at http://www.urbanphiharmonic.org, and may be included in posters and advertisements as well.
Please note: We reserve the right to approve or reject all donor/investors. If your business name or type is deemed inappropriate you will be notified and the funds will be returned and credited to your account. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.
Business and Organizational Sponsors – $75 / year
All Business and Organizational Sponsors will:
- Be listed in the next event’s playbill on the Sponsorship page.
- Receive two complementary tickets to the current performance
- Business and Organizational Sponsors receive a listing online on the sponsor’s page with a link to their organization.
Paul Robeson Vocal Competition Sponsor –$100 or more
For 19 years the Paul Robeson Vocal Competition has offered the opportunity for aspiring professional singers to compete in public, and, in many cases, to launch their careers. Winners will receive prizes (1st prize: $1000, 2nd prize: $500, 3rd prize $250) as well as the press, exposure, and public attention which all together makes this an illustrious event.
The Sponsors of this competition receive many benefits:
- On the day of the Paul Robeson Vocal Competition, there will be an announcement the audience at the start of the event thanking the Paul Robeson Vocal Competition Sponsors.
- Paul Robeson Vocal Competition Sponsors will be listed on advertisements and notices for the event (posters, flyers, newspaper ads, press releases, newsletters, list-serve announcements, etc.)
- Robeson Vocal Competition Sponsors receive a listing online on the sponsor’s page with a link to their organization.
- For complementary tickets to the Paul Robeson Vocal Competition Event please contact
Darrold Hunt darroldh (at) urbanphilharmonic.org
Urban Philharmonic Season Sponsor – $250 / year
Urban Philharmonic Season Sponsors receive benefits for the whole 2007-2008 season:
- Over the whole season these sponsors will be listed on advertisements and notices for each and every event (posters, flyers, newspaper ads, press releases, newsletters, list-serve announcements, etc.)
- At the start of the each performance of the season the Master of Ceremonies or the Music Conductor will thank all the Season Sponsors.
- Season Sponsors receive a listing in every event’s playbill during the whole Urban Philharmonic Season
- Sponsors receive a listing online on the sponsor’s page with a link to their organization.
- Sponsors will receive two complementary tickets to the current performance