From the bottom of our hearts we wish to thank all the volunteers over the last 30 years who have given us their time and skills to make the Urban Philharmonic Society an ongoing reality.
Without you there would be no Urban Philharmonic!
We are a completely volunteer-run organization. We are now seeking volunteers who can give just 2 or 3 hours to help:
- Usher at events
- Write press releases
- Distribute the concert posters or flyers to local businesses
- Visit local businesses in 4 neighborhoods (Adams Morgan, Logan Circle, U Street Corridor, Columbia Heights) to let them know about our inexpensive program advertising.
Note: Volunteers receive free tickets to the event that they have worked on and written thanks in our playbill.
If you would like to help in any way…please contact Music Conductor Darrold Hunt at darroldh (at) urbanphilharmonic.org or call 202-387-4448.
One-Hour Virtual Volunteers
Also, please consider becoming a one-hour virtual volunteer. There are list of activities that can take about an hour. For example, you can work from anywhere and:
- Contact people you know at a few businesses (self-employed, business, not-for-profits) that might want to purchase an inexpensive advertisement in the playbill.
- Recruit a few new members by sending them the link to the membership page.
- Call or email Music Conductor Darrold Hunt darroldh (at) urbanphilharmonic.org 202-387-4448 to see what else you can do from home.